The Project: ONLINE INVOICE PAYMENT
TIMELINE: 1, 2 week sprint
SERVICES: UX Project Planning/Strategy, User Flow, Wireframes, UI Design
Objective: To identify different dependencies and constraints present in the several user journeys of online invoice payment.
Assumptions: The user described here is assumed to be an authorized user having the rights to pay his open invoices online. The user described here is assumed to be logged in to the webshop For scenarios that use Credit notes: The user knows beforehand all credit note numbers.
As part of the discovery, user scenarios were defined then analysis for each use case.
- Paying Online Invoices using Credit Card Only
- Paying Online Invoices using Credit Card and Credit Notes
- Paying Online Invoices and also making an Advance Payment using Credit Card Only
- Paying Online Invoices and also making an Advance Payment using Credit Card and Credit Notes
- Edge Case: Paying Online Invoices using Credit Notes Only
As the above images show, frequently, an existing version of a feature is already in production that needs to be upgraded to a new platform. In this instance, a prior version required upgrading from Hybris 4.x to 5.x. The current version consisted of a 4-step process that was in bad need of a cleaner user expereince; an "overhaul". The process of improving an existing UI involves discovering problem areas that can be simplified and uncovering easier ways to get from point A to B in the user journey.